What Law Firms Offer The Best Quality Of Life In America?
October 5, 2022
The results are in from Vault’s annual list of the best law firms to work for in America! The top 10 firms according to Vault’s rankings will be revealed, as well as detailed information on how Vault evaluates firms in their ranking system. Also discussed will be information on salary and benefits, firm culture, and important factors to consider when evaluating a prospective employer.
Top 7 Overall
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, New York City, NY
- Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP, New York City, NY
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, Boston MA
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, New York City, NY
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, New York City, NY 2
- Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz LLp., New York City, NY
- Shearman and Sterling LLP., New York City, NY
The Most Valuable Benefits
According to Vault’s 2020 rankings, the firms that offer the best quality of life are:
- Hogan Lovells
- DLA Piper
- Latham & Watkins
- Sidley Austin
- Weil Gotshal
- Allen & Overy
- Paul Hastings
- Fulbright & Jaworski
- Goodwin Procter
- Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft
– Intellectual stimulation and job variety – Excellent compensation and work/life balance – Supportive colleagues and mentors – Variety of offices and locations
If you’re serious about advancing your career and you’re looking for a law firm that offers a great quality of life, consider these US firms.
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP – New York, NY
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP – New York, NY
- Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz – New York, NY
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP – New York, NY
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP – Chicago, IL
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan PC – Los Angeles/San Francisco Bay Area (tie)
Compensation and Perks
To determine which law firms offer the best quality of life Law Firms for their employees, Vault looked at factors such as work-life balance, compensation and perks, career opportunities, and more. We scored the 2020 rankings based on these criteria and then ranked them. We also included Vault’s Quality of Life score, which is determined by surveying lawyers from different firms about how satisfied they are with their job on a scale of one to five in various categories.
1) Kirkland & Ellis – One of the top global law firms that offer high levels of compensation and benefits as well as an impressive work-life balance.
2) Davis Polk & Wardwell – One of the top-ranked law firms in terms of quality of life for associates. An impressive work-life balance, opportunities for lateral moves, and above-average benefits and compensation help explain why.
Flexibility to Balance Life
The Vault ‘Quality of Life’ Rankings Law Firms for 2020 list the top 10 law firms with the best quality of life in America. Those at the top of this list offer flexibility to balance work and life, such as allowing you to choose your clients and work from home.
Great Compensation and Perks but No Personal Development Opportunities
- McDermott Will & Emery
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Baker McKenzie
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- DLA Piper
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- K&L Gates
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Davis & Gilbert LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
Write a professional email in English based on the following of Law Firms To Professor John Smith From Preeti Singh Date: 18/02/2019 Subject: Novel and essay study material Your request to use our novel and essays as study material has been approved by The International Centre. Kindly be advised that you are welcome to read them at any time during your stay in our hostel. You can access them at any time via your IPad or laptop through our secured wifi connection. For your reference, please find attached a copy of both these documents.
Above-Average Compensation and Perks with Above-Average Opportunity for Personal Development
The Vault 2020 Quality of Life Rankings for law firms in America is based on confidential interviews with over 3,000 lawyers from the Vault database. The ranking system takes into account not only the quality of life offered by a firm (salaries and benefits) but also professional development opportunities, work-life balance, and advancement prospects.
Without further ado, let’s see what our research found. On average, Vault lawyers get paid pretty well, and, for many firms we researched, that increase occurs after about five years of service. One respondent told us, The compensation is good for most associates at our firm in that they can cover their cost of living (with perhaps a little to spare). Another added: If you work hard and aren’t a completely Law Firms person you can make around 200k after five years plus bonuses. With a median salary of USD 168,950 as calculated by our poll—and an average salary reported of over $173K—it seems those who have worked at some firms are compensated quite well.
Above Average Benefits, Above Average Comp & Perks, and Above Average Opportunities for Personal Growth
#1: Kirkland & Ellis
#2: Wilmer Hale
#3: Latham & Watkins
#4: Simpson Thacher
#5: Davis Polk & Wardwell
Other Factors Ranking Considerations
With a career in l Law Firm, you will be able to enjoy several benefits that you may not find elsewhere. From specialized education and training to the opportunity for stable employment and salary growth, the path can be rewarding for those who are willing to work hard. But how do you know which law firms offer the best quality of life in America?
Keep browsing Law Scribd for more updates.